The Scots College Foundation was established in 1993 — the College’s centenary year — to assist in maintaining a standard of excellence that would enable it to remain at the forefront of modern educational practice.
The Foundation, which oversees the College’s fundraising program, is presided over by a Board of Management — its members are all Parents or Old Boys — which ensures accountable management of funds held by The Scots College Foundation and appropriate governance. The Annual General Meeting is held in April each year.
Through the generosity of the College community the Foundation has been instrumental in providing funding for such projects as the Graeme Clark Centre for Innovation in the Sciences, and most recently, the award winning $10 million Lang Walker Business Centre.
Our Vision and Mission
The Scots College Foundation exists to ensure future generations of Scots boys will enjoy a world-class education in state-of-the-art facilities.
The Foundation is the organisation through which financial support for the school is directed, and funds distributed. The Foundation provides:
- Support for ongoing capital works projects and acquisitions in line with the College Master Plan
- Support in the form of scholarships and bursaries for boys whose presence will add to the richness and diversity of the student body, and for those whose family financial circumstances would otherwise prevent them from attending the college.
Support of the Foundation helps to continue the legacy established by our forefathers’ through its contribution to the development of world-class facilities, the continuation of Scholarship and Bursary programs, and generally enriching the educational experience for Scots boys.
Support Our Vision
There are a number of ways in which you can support The Scots College Foundation.
- Donate online using our online form.
- Call 02 9391 7646 to make a donation over the phone.
- To donate via cheque, please make cheques payable to The Scots College Foundation with reference to the selected Foundation fund. For example, The Scots College Foundation – Building Fund.
All donations to The Foundation are valued and acknowledged, and are used exclusively for the benefit of The Scots College. Your donation or bequest can be directed to one of the Foundation’s three funds:
- Building Fund - provides for ongoing capital works projects and acquisitions in support of the College Master Plan, and ensures the availability of world-class facilities.
- Scholarship Fund - provides scholarships and bursaries for boys whose presence will add to the richness and diversity of the student body, and for those whose family financial circumstances would otherwise prevent them from attending the college.
- Education Fund - provides grants to the College to enhance the Scots’ educational environment.
Donor anonymity will be provided if requested.
The Scots College Foundation is a registered deductible gift recipient. Donations over $2 to the Building Fund and Scholarship Fund are tax deductible.
Become a member of The Scots College Foundation
Membership of The Scots College Foundation is automatically extended to any donor who provides a donation of $5,000 or more. The Foundation offers a tiered level of recognition with significant contributions able to be tailored in order to comply with individual areas of interest.
If you would like to be a part of the College's Annual Giving, you can download a copy of our brochure by clicking here.
Making a bequest to The Scots College allows you to retain the use and enjoyment of your assets during your lifetime but still provide a valuable gift to the College in the future.
Your Solicitor will be able to advise as to the most appropriate way for you to include a bequest to The Scots College Foundation when drafting your will. If you have already made your will, you can add a codicil to include the Foundation - a simple and inexpensive process.
There are a variety of ways in which you can make a contribution to the College through a bequest — for information regarding bequests please click here.
Become a member of The Aspinall Society
Membership of the Aspinall Society is open to any member of the Scots community who has indicated their intention to remember The Scots College in a bequest. The Society is named after Arthur Ashworth Aspinall, the co-founder and first Principal of The Scots College, who personified the values and academic rigour the College extends to Scots boys today.
The Patribus Initiative
In 2018, Scots is celebrating 125 years of transforming boys’ lives through education. Whilst we look forward with excitement to the next 125 years, it is what we do in the next ten years that will be fundamental to the future success of the College. In line with the College’s strategic plan, 2018 will see the launch of a major fundraising campaign — ‘The Patribus Initiative’.
Inspired by our motto ‘Utinam Patribus Nostris Digni Simus’ — ‘May we be worthy of our forefathers’ — The Patribus Initiative will transform boys education by bringing them into formative, daily contact with real-world communities of knowledge and practice.
The College Strategic Plan and the Patribus Initiative are built around five key areas:
- Character and Care — educating for the character and care of fine Scots boys
- Experiential Education — engaging with our society and the world
- Design Thinking and Creativity — enabling design thinking and creativity
- Holistic Development — encouraging physical, mental and spiritual wholeness
- Entrepreneurship and Social Leadership — promoting entrepreneurship and social leadership
125th Anniversary 2018
To acknowledge and celebrate the 125th Anniversary of The Scots College in 2018, a series of exciting events is planned to commemorate the success of the College and recognise its heritage and traditions. These will encompass all aspects of the school and engage staff, students and parents across all campuses.
In preparation for these events, the structure, objectives, and practises of The Scots College Foundation are currently under review — the 2017 Annual Giving program is closely aligned to these future plans.
We look forward to further updating you on the many exciting initiatives planned for later in the year and into 2018.
How will my donation or bequest be used?
All donations and bequests to The Foundation are used exclusively for the benefit of The Scots College.
For further information, or to have a confidential discussion about how you can support The Scots College Foundation, please contact:
Mr Peter Wade
Director of Advancement and Community
T: 02 9391 7646
For further information regarding the 125th Anniversary please contact:
Ms Nancy Inglis
Development Campaign Coordinator
T: 02 9391 7649