"Boarding has been a life-changing experience for me. I have made many new friends, learnt to be independent and organised and become part of a unique community."
James Kilby, Year 12 Scots Boarder at Fairfax House
Scots boarders have been a vital part of the Scots community for over a century.
The Scots College provides boarding in Sydney from Year 6 onwards, and offers a high quality education in a safe and nurturing environment, where your son is supported to reach his full potential. As a boarder, your son will stay at one of our five Boarding Houses where he will be provided with strong pastoral care and individual attention, while experiencing the joys of being a part of his House 'family'.
The benefits of boarding at Scots include:
- Boarders live in one of five Boarding Houses and enjoy individual living and study space within dormitories. Year 12 boarders receive single room accommodation.
A fresh and nutritious menu is developed by the College caterers, Trippas White Group.
- The opportunity to achieve excellence in academic, sporting and co-curricular areas.
- Close supervision of academic work by qualified staff Tutors.
- The chance to develop independence and self-confidence.
- Learning to live in a close community with one's peers.
- The making of life-long friends from around the globe.
- Parents are in touch with their sons' progress every day through Pipeline, the College's innovative, real time information service.
Casual boarding places are offered at the College subject to availability, as well as day boarding, where students remain at the College to complete their homework prior to being collected by parents.