<img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=308915943310170&amp;ev=PageView&amp;noscript=1 https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=308915943310170&amp;ev=PageView&amp;noscript=1 ">
Schoolbox 
Pipeline
1893-1913

Meet the Principal

The Reverend Arthur Ashworth Aspinall

MA

Reverend Arthur Ashworth Aspinall opened The Scots College in 1893 as the founding Principal and owner.

Aspinall was ordained as a Presbyterian Minister 1873 in Forbes. His social contacts were farmers (graziers) who would later send their sons to Scots. He graduated from the University of Sydney in 1889 with a Bachelor of Arts.

Beginning of Scots

In 1893 The Scots College opened at Lady Robinson’s Beach.

Later that year Scots was admitted to the Athletic Association of Great Public Schools (AAGPS) but did not fare very well against the established schools. 

The first Headmaster was John Fraser McManamey (1865-1946) who served The Scots College between 1893 and 1894. Sir Henry Parkes was the guest at the first Speech Day in 1893. Italian artist Dattilo Rubbo started as an art master and later painted Aspinall’s portrait, before staying at Scots for 38 years.

A New Home

In 1895 Scots moved to St Killian’s at Bellevue Hill.

Read More

AAGPS Sport

The Scots College joined the Athletic Association of Great Public School (AAGPS) in 1893.

In 1894, Scots won the Senior Athletics Premiership, and claimed victory in the 2nd XV Rugby in 1904.