125 Years Limited Edition Prints
To commemorate 125 Years of The Scots College, the Women’s Association has commissioned architectural artist John Haycraft to draw six scenes of the College.
125 Years Limited Edition signed prints of each original will be produced for sale in 2018. These will be sold as single or multiple copies, or as a set of six, by Scots Goods at major 125 Years and College events in 2018.
John Haycraft has been a professional artist since 1971, a principal of the architectural illustration firm Haycraft Duloy since 1974, a lecturer, exhibitor and author of three books of paintings and drawings.
He’s been a part-time and guest lecturer in the Faculties of Architecture at The University of New South Wales, the University of Newcastle and the Interior Design Faculty of the College of the Arts (Balmain Campus).
A collection of his architectural drawings is held in the Mitchell Library and the State Library of New South Wales. He has travelled and painted extensively in Europe, Asia and Africa, as well as making frequent painting trips to the outback of Australia and in his birth-place, New Zealand.
John has studied with Australian artist Lloyd Rees, American watercolourist Charles Reid, and Joseph Zbukvic. This award winning artist has held numerous joint exhibitions and three solo shows of his work.
His paintings hang in private collections throughout the world. John is represented by the Maunsell Wickes at Barry Stern Gallery in Paddington, Sydney.
The 125 Years Limited Edition Prints each feature a significant campus or landmark of The Scots College. The six scenes depicted are:
- Aspinall House
- Brighton Preparatory School
- Gladesville Boat Shed
- Preparatory School, Mansion Road
- Senior School main oval
The originals have been drawn with pencil on A3 Bristol Board. Each picture has been limited to 125 copies, and the files subsequently deleted. The drawings have been scanned at high resolution and digitally reproduced at the same size as the original, on identical FSC certified bristol board, made elemental chlorine free. Each 43cm x 31cm signed copy has been personally inspected by the artist. A Certificate of Authenticity will accompany each sale.
How to Order
Prints can be ordered exclusively online on TryBooking by clicking here.
Orders will be packaged for distribution in a 100mm cardboard tube.
The 125 Years Limited Edition Prints are strictly limited edition prints and orders will be filled in the order they are received until the print run is sold out.
- Individual prints: $140 each
- Set of six prints: $750
Pick up is free from Aspinall House, The Scots College on the following five dates in 2018:
- Orders received by Friday 2 March can be collected on Sunday 18 March from 11:00am to 1:00pm
- Orders received between Saturday 3 March and Friday 27 April can be collected on Thursday 10 May from 7:00am to 9:00am
- Orders received between Saturday 28 April and Friday 8 June can be collected on Thursday 28 June from 9:00am to 11:00am
- Orders received between Saturday 9 June and Friday 27 July can be collected on Friday 10 August from 9:00am to 11:0am
- Orders received between Saturday 28 July and Friday 26 October can be collected on Friday 9 November from 9:00am to 11:00am
A flat rate postage option within Australia is available at a cost of $30 per tube.