The Scots experience fosters leadership in the Christian tradition by encouraging boys to generously lead, learn and serve in the community.
At The Scots College we believe:
- That true wisdom begins with reverence for God and that the ultimate goal of education is to help students gain a true knowledge of God, humanity and the world so that they might be better prepared to serve their families, church, and the environment to the glory of God and for the welfare of others.
- That God has created and sustains everything and is the source of all truth.
- That the one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, created and redeemed the world through Jesus Christ, who is the key to understanding reality and the focus of education.
- That while God has revealed Himself in what He has made, He has done so fully and finally in Jesus Christ and in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments.
- That true reality originates with God and is spiritual and eternal, as well as material and temporal, and that education is complete only when it includes all aspects of reality.
- That freedom of inquiry is central to the quest for truth and that all truth is God's truth.
- That scientific investigation is one valid and necessary means of studying the universe, although it is not the only valid means.
- That all knowledge is a gift from God and should be interpreted with God's will and purpose for the world in mind.
- That God is the Author of truth and morality and that one purpose of education is to help students discover God's unchanging standards of right and wrong and to reflect on the consequences of departing from them.
- That every person is created in the image of God and is, therefore, in need of development in the spiritual, intellectual, emotional and physical areas of life, and that true education must give attention to these areas.
That although every person is born in a fallen and sinful condition, it is possible to be renewed through the redeeming work of Jesus Christ and to begin to reach one's full potential.
Our Christian Worldview
In seeking to serve God faithfully, The Scots College exists to inspire boys to lead, learn and serve as they strive for excellence together.
Serve, Inspire, Strive for excellence together: this is why this College exists. Our quest for excellence, our faith and tradition, and our leadership through teams: these are the things we value, these are the things that focus our efforts.
At The Scots College we believe that young men discover true wisdom through reverence for God and knowing that His purposes for the world are fulfilled through Jesus Christ. God's purposes are most clearly revealed in the Bible but He also discloses Himself in the natural world. Thus the study of God's Word and scientific investigation are integral to the quest for truth, all of which is God's truth.
Those who teach and those who learn can have no higher goal than the pursuit and practice of the truth. The ultimate aim of education at The Scots College is to help students acquire a knowledge of the truth - of God, society and the world - so that they are better prepared to serve in their families and the wider world, to the glory of God and for the welfare of others.