"Boarding is a unique experience,
teaching us new life skills. It also teaches
us to make our own decisions and
accept responsibility." Harry Boileau, Year 12
Scots Boarders have been a vital part of the Scots community for over a century.
Boarding at Scots offers high quality education in a safe and nurturing environment, where your son is supported to reach his full potential. As a Boarder, your son will stay at one of our five Boarding Houses where he will be provided with strong Pastoral Care and individual attention, while experiencing the joys of being a part of his House 'family'.
The benefits of Boarding include:
- Boarders live in one of five Boarding Houses and enjoy individual living and study space within dormitories. Year 12 Boarders receive single room accommodation. A fresh and nutritious menu is developed by the College caterers, Trippas White Group.
- The opportunity to achieve excellence in academic, sporting and co-curricular areas.
- Close supervision of academic work by academic staff Tutors.
- The chance to develop independence and self-confidence.
- Learning to live in a close community with one's peers.
- The making of life-long friends from around the globe.
- Parents are in touch with their sons' progress every day through Pipeline, the College's innovative, real time information service.
Scots College offers limited opportunities for casual boarding. All places are subject to availability. Where beds are available, fees are charged at $135 per night. Preference is given to day boys who can commit to one full term of boarding. In these cases, pro rata boarding fees apply. Enquiries should be made through the office of the Head of Senior Years.
Read more about the Boarding environment and staff.
For more information on Boarding as Scots, please click here to view the handbook.